Ice Thickness Sensor LD-1200
The LD-1200 Ice Thickness Sensor is designed for non-contact and contact measurement of the thickness of fresh ice, detection of dangerous places (cracks, scours, voids) in real time. It has a convenient, lightweight, portable design for pedestrian operation: one-handed operation, ice thickness measurement range of 0.05 - 2.0 m.
- convenient, lightweight, portable design for pedestrian operation: one-handed operation, ice thickness measurement range of 0.05 - 2.0 m;
- real-time display of a radarogram with the interfaces between environments (air, snow, ice), ice thickness, as well as the permissible standard load on ice;
- fast and accurate identification of dangerous places - cracks, scours, voids;
- smooth operation at low temperatures (up to -40 ºС)
- referencing in a common coordinate system to determine the location of the object under study (GPS, Glonass);
- operation with a separation from the surface of 0.5 - 1 m;
- time of continuous work - at least 8 hours;
- device weight - 2 kg.
|Ice thickness measurement range||0.05 - 2.0 m|
|Resolution||at least 0.05 m||Weight||up to 2.0 kg|
|Weight in the carrying case||up to 10.0 kg|
|Power supplies:battery power supply unit BP-3,8/12I||1|
|Power supplies: power supply unit BPB (type AA-1.5V)||1|
|Running time||at least 8 h/td>|
|Operating temperature||from -40° to +50 °С|
|Preparation time for work||up to 1 min|
|Internal memory||at least 2 GB|
|Carrying case dimensions||650x500x240 mm|
The device provides:
- safety control during the movement of vehicles and people on ice crossings;
- monitoring of ice thickness during winter fishing, extreme driving on ice, etc.;
- obtaining data for forecasting the pre-flood period.
For accurate measurements of the ice thickness, it is necessary to make smooth swinging of the antenna up and down with an amplitude of several centimeters during operation. The compact size and low weight of the device allow the user to hold it in one hand, gradually moving along the ice surface. The device displays in real time a radarogram with an image of the interfaces between environments (air, snow, ice) and the measured values of the ice thickness.