Ice Thickness Sensor LD-400
The LD-400 hardware and software complex is developed on the basis of the OKO-3 series GPR complex with the MG-400 antenna for the prompt determination of ice thickness and structure, localization of inhomogeneity, cracks, and other defects within the ice mass in real time. The device has a weight of 5.5 kg and is placed on an external sling on any vehicle with a separation from the surface of 0.5 - 1.0 m. The sounding depth of fresh ice is up to 8 m, sea ice - up to 2.5 m.
- ice thickness measurement range:
fresh ice - from 0.2 to 8 meters,
sea ice - from 0.2 to 1.5 meters;
- more powerful signal compared to the manual Ice Thickness Sensor LD-1200;
- the operator receives visual information about ice thickness, standard load, cracks, and inhomogeneities within the array in real time;
- high accuracy and low noise level;
- high efficiency in thawing, freezing, salinity conditions;
- referencing in a common coordinate system to determine the location of the object under study (GPS, Glonass);
- operation with a separation from the surface of 1-1.5 m;
- tested in conditions of arctic expeditions;
- no analogues in the world.
|Antenna LD-400 on an external sling,
separation from the surface
|0.5 - 1.0 m|
|Center frequency (UWB signals)||400 MHz|
|Sounding depth:fresh ice||from 0.2 to 8.0 m|
|Operating temperature||from -50° to +50 °С|
|Dimensions||0.5 х 0.3 х 0.15 m|
The device provides:
- safety control during the movement of vehicles and people on ice crossings;
- monitoring of ice thickness during winter fishing, extreme driving on ice, etc.;
- obtaining data for forecasting the pre-flood period.
It should be noted that such devices can be placed on unmanned vehicles. New developments allow prompt remote receiving of information on any tablet or smartphone in real time via WIFI at a distance of up to 100 meters (or more) in the line of sight. In addition, our devices help to conduct ice sounding in coastal areas when deployed on unmanned helicopter-type carriers.